Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Weird Word Wednesday: Jackanapes

Jackanapes

Today's weird word is jackanapes. I wish I could say that I knew this word and use it all of the time. Truth is, my computer screen saver throws up random words and their definition, and I happened to be paying attention when this one popped up. 

I am drawn to this word, because it is weird, of course, but also because of it's sound. You could totally call someone this and it would sound like the insult it is intended to be! Short of jack-a** but they would still get the idea!

Love it. Got a list of people to start yelling this to. Enjoy!

=J

 

jack·a·napes 

noun \ˈja-kə-ˌnāps\

Definition of JACKANAPES

1: monkey, ape
2a : an impudent or conceited fellow
b : a saucy or mischievous child 

No comments:

Post a Comment