Friday, October 28, 2011

Bright Side Friday - Happy Families

My husband and I often lament over the fact that time goes too fast and that our boys are getting big so quickly.  I know this is universal.  We did realize that unless we were actually doing more outside the home that when we looked back on the years, we would see a bunch of wasted time.  We do tend to be home-bodies, but we are trying to change that. 

We have now made a few additions to our schedule:  our older son is now in Cub Scouts and the younger one is eager to join in 6 months when he'll be old enough, the boys are in weekly swim lessons, we have gone rock-climbing, and we have gone swimming on the weekends.  So far, we have been out of the house a lot more.  There are days/nights that we just want to stay home, but once we get out, we have been happy that we went.  It's the old adage of a body in motion stays in motion. 

I hope we are able to keep up the momentum as it gets colder and more challenging to leave the house after a long day.  I know the boys really enjoy it and we are spending a lot more family time together instead of in the house all doing our own thing. It's actually how I always envisioned my family would be.  I'm just so happy that we're making it happen!

S-)

Now it's your turn. What is your Bright Side? Have you had family resistance to leaving the house and then all being happy you did?

2 comments:

  1. I tend to want to hibernate during the winter, not get out more in the winter. Good luck with that!

    However, I forced myself out without the kids one night. I went to a 7 workout class which I thought was WAY too late, and I loved it. I came home a better mom as a result. That's my bright side :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heli - When it's cold out AND dark out hibernating does sound like a great idea.

    Glad you made time for yourself and really enjoyed it. I sneak away to the gym when I can. It makes me a better mom too.

    Thanks for stopping by and sharing!

    ReplyDelete