Saturday, July 30, 2011

Bright Side Fri...day, umm... Saturday!



FRIDAY! SATURDAY! Yes, a day late with my Bright Side, but I think it's never too late to share something positive with others. My Bright Side is that I am dog sitting. It's not just that I am dog sitting, it's that I am dog sitting an abused rescue dog.  I can see the notches in the backs of her ears where someone took a razor blade to them. She won't take food out of a bowl and will only eat food that you hand to her or leave on the floor. She is terrified of nearly everything around her, but she has blossomed nicely in our home. She is one of the sweetest dogs on the face of the earth, and all she wants is love and snuggles. It makes me feel good that I am able to be part of the positive part of her life. I am so mad at her abusers and I can never undo what they did to her. But, I can add happiness to her life now, I can give her a loving environment to stay in while her owner is away, and I can comfort her when she is scared. Truly unconditional love from her to me, and me to her.

Now it's your turn. What is your Bright Side?

=J

No comments:

Post a Comment