Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday Vent - Annoying Brother

It's Monday. It's late. This post is late. I'm tired. I'm finally ready to vent. Honestly, some days it is SO easy for me to vent, and other days, it is much more difficult. I usually like trying to look at the glass half full. If I start looking at the glass half empty, I tend to get stuck in a rut of viewing everything that way. I have been pretty up beat this past week, so this morning, nothing came to mind when I needed to write the post. However, much can happen in a day, and here I am at the end of the day, ready to vent.

This vent is not new for me, nor is it as rage filled as it has been on other days. In fact, I am a bit rational about it right now. I realize that, for the rest of my life, I will have to live with the fact that my brother will always say things in an incredibly condescending and insulting way and my mom will always defend him. I know they love me and have no idea how their actions affect me. If I thought that they were intentionally hurtful, my attitude would be very different. They just don't get it. I've tried bringing it to their attention. I really have. They just think I'm too sensitive, crabby, misunderstood them, etc. Some days it's more difficult for me to be rational. Thankfully, today I am able to just see it as it is. It is just the way it is. It will never change. Moving on.

Now it's your turn. Do you have a vent to share? Share it and move on.

=J

No comments:

Post a Comment